We all are aware up till now that the effectiveness of Derma Roller depends upon its needle size. The longer the needle size, the more effective it is and treats more skin conditions. So, today we will discuss the longest needle size Derma Roller that can treat severe skin conditions as well which other needle sizes may not be able to tackle. Derma Roller 1.5mm is one such needle.
The needles of the Derma Roller are rolled on the skin and create tiny holes which lead to bleeding and small injuries. This triggers the body to start the healing process which stimulates the production of collagen and treats the skin conditions
Derma Roller 1.5mm is quite effective in synthesizing the production of collagen and tackle the following skin conditions
- Fades away the stretch marks
- Reduces acne scars
- Burning scars
- Age spots, Deep lines, and wrinkles
- Hyperpigmentation and uneven skin tone
- Smoothens the skin texture
- Induces skin regeneration
- Increase the absorption of topical skincare products
You have to be careful about one thing. Derma Roller 1.5mm is not recommended to be used on the face. It can be used on an area of the body and can also be used for hair growth stimulation and hair loss prevention. Also, 1.5mm needle size requires the use of numbing cream, as it’s very painful and may also cause irritation and redness.
How to use 1.5 Derma Roller?
- Clean the needles of the derma roller, disinfect them by soaking them in the alcohol-based solution.
- Prepare the skin for treatment, cleanse the affected area and apply the hydrating serum.
- Use the numbing cream as a 1.5 derma roller is going to be quite painful.
- Start the treatment, gently roll the device over the stretch marks or any other affected areas in all the directions- horizontal, vertical, and diagonal. Use little pressure to allow the needles to penetrate deeply and roll 8-10 times in each direction.
- If there is redness or blood spots have appeared on the skin, shower the skin with water and allow it to air-dry
- Apply another layer of hydrating serum
- The next day, Follow up the treatment with moisturizer or sunscreen for skin protection
- Also wash the derma roller again after the treatment by dipping it in the 70% isopropyl alcohol solution. And leave it to dry for some time then put it back in the storage case or box.
It should be used once every 6 weeks. Though a 1.5mm size, Derma Roller causes more pain but it produces the best results. And the irritation and sensation which you feel with this microneedle size is for a shorter period and fades away within few hours.
And as already discussed above never use Derma 1.5mm on the face. As its in-depth penetration is not appropriate for the face. Lastly, as our skin takes time to regenerate and repair after derma rolling session and for the growth of new collagen, so you will see improvements after few months not immediately.