The way you dress plays a huge role in how you feel throughout the day. How we present ourselves affects us in various ways. When you make yourself look presentable with the right outfit, right accessories, and some makeup along with a good hairdo, you will feel positive! You will feel like you can achieve anything that day! That’s why ensure that we look presentable is key to being productive during the day. Just because you’re working from home doesn’t mean that you can lounge in your pajamas all day. Your apparel and overall appearance should exude professionalism. When you’re working from home, you do have the advantage of wearing comfortable shoes and a slightly more relaxed outfit. You don’t have to wear your power suit at home, ladies. A shirt dress is a great outfit option for working at home!
How to transform your shirt dress to a work outfit?
It’s much better than wearing your comfortable pajamas because you won’t feel like plopping on your bed when you’re a little dressed up for work. When you’re in your pajamas, you will feel like staying in bed or you’re going to be working from your bed all day long. You can even feel the need to take a nap in the middle of the day. On the other hand, wearing a shirt dress or a t-shirt dress will ensure that you’re comfy but also not so comfortable that you want to stay in bed all day. Finding that perfect balance between comfort and feeling fashionable is key to having productive workdays from home. Don’t be under the impression that a shirt dress has limited potential. You can change it up in various ways.
When it comes to appropriate office wear for ladies who are working from home, a shirt dress or a shirt dress is perfect options. However, you don’t have to worry about monotony when it comes to wearing such attire at home! These can be worn in various ways to ensure that you feel and look great every day! Here are 5 different ways in which you can style a shirt dress for working at home!
- The perfect attire for a video conference from home would be to add a blazer to your shirt dress. To achieve a formal as well as professional look it is advisable to wear a single-colored, plain t-shirt dress. It’s best to ensure that it has a modest neckline. Add a blazer to the t-shirt dress to look formal. Say you’re wearing a maroon shirt dress, then you can wear a gray or black blazer along with it. You can wear formal accessories along with a shirt dress. You can even wear some light makeup to complete the look. Tie your hair into a bun or a ponytail to look clean and put together.
- Another great way to add some fun and color to your outfit but still keep it simple is by adding a patterned piece of garment to your plain t-shirt dress. If you have a sleeveless black or white or neutral colored shirt dress, you can add a pop of color to your outfit by adding a short ethnic jacket to your outfit. It can be a colorful one to brighten your outfit as well as your mood! Add a silver necklace and some silver rings to finish accessorizing. In case you don’t have a jacket, you can even wear a scarf with your t-shirt dress to add that patterned pop of color to your outfit! Leave your hair down or half up half down and add a beautiful lipstick to finish the look!
- A great way to elevate your outfit and feel confident is by simply adding a thick belt to your shirt dress. Adding a statement belt is especially recommended if you’re wearing a shirt dress. Having a vertical striped shirt dress is an excellent addition to your wardrobe. Blue and white or gray and white vertical striped shirt dresses made from cotton or linen are a must-have in your wardrobe as it the most appropriate office wear for ladies working from home. Leave the first two or three buttons of your dress undone and then wrap the belt on your waist! And voila! You’ll look fabulous in a matter of a few seconds. You can add a watch and simple earrings to complete the look!
- Another great way of styling a shirt dress is through the art of layering. This works for both printed as well as solid-colored dresses. Say you have a simple cotton dress, which is more of beachwear owing to the thin fabric and the spaghetti straps. You can easily search this for working at home by wearing your shirt dress on top of it like a shrug! Keep your shirt dress unbuttoned and wear it on top of the beach dress. Add a few layered necklaces or wear a few bracelets to complete the look. You can even wear a plain t-shirt and shorts and wear a shirt dress over it like a shrug. Add a belt around the t-shirt dress, and there you go! A fashionable, work-appropriate outfit is ready!
- Are you somebody who loves wearing tank tops and long skirts? However, wearing tank tops may be inappropriate for working from home, especially if you have video calls with your colleagues and seniors. A great way to style your t-shirt dress, especially solid colored ones, is to team it up with a long skirt. Even wrap around skirts are great to pair with a t-shirt dress. An essential pointer to remember is that the shirt dress should be solid colored.
Say Bye-Bye To Pajamas!
Forget about spending the entire day on your bed when you’re working from home. You can move on to something more suave and comfortable with your new shirt dress. Say bye-bye to your pajamas, ladies! Feel stylish, confident, and productive by dressing while working from home!